For Eppendorf MixMate 5353 with serial numbers below 5353 _ _ _08083
Eppendorf has identified a potential burn risk when moisture enters the MixMate 5353 housing. Although this is not a normal occurrence, it must be treated with urgency to preclude the possibility of personal injury or property damage. This problem can occur when the unit is in either the operating or standby mode.
This risk belongs to serial numbers below 5353_ _ _08083. Please consider, only the last 5 digits of the serial number are of importance.
Please unplug your MixMate 5353 immediately and only use it if the following safety measures are taken:
- Do not leave the unit unattended at any time after it has been connected to electric power / turned on.
- After use, the unit must be unplugged. Do not keep the unit in standby mode.
- Wipe your tubes and plates dry before using them on MixMate.
- Surface clean only. Wipe any spill immediately and dry thoroughly. After drying MixMate 5353 wait at least an hour before connecting it to main power supply.
- Do not expose or use the unit near liquids, moisture, flammable goods, parts, components, chemicals, reagents, or other flammable material.
We deeply regret any inconvenience this situation has caused and will work diligently to promptly replace your current unit.
Please click here to confirm your receipt of this notice and your compliance with the safety measures. Your registration will also initiate the replacement process for a new, improved MixMate version. Please be prepared to provide your MixMate serial number and your contact data. This information is needed to facilitate further communication and expedite replacement of your MixMate 5353.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation in this matter. Please contact Eppendorf at any time if you require additional information or assistance. Our team can be reached at +61 2 9889 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org .