Eppendorf consumables with the Eppendorf Quality purity grade fulfill everything expected of reliable, easy-to-handle consumables. With the aid of high-quality base material and permanent checks during production, original Eppendorf pipette tips, Eppendorf Tubes® and Eppendorf Combitips® plus are ideal for many tasks which crop up in the lab.
Click here to download our general quality certificates.
Which requirements does Eppendorf Quality fulfill?
High precision and accuracy as well as defined flow
properties, guaranteed by
precise molding of tips and Combitips plus.
- Low wetting, ensuring
reliable volume readings
and minimal adhesion.
- Excellent running properties of Combitips plus for reduced-effort, smooth liquid handling (this is crucial for minute
- It should be possible to open and close micro test tubes using one hand only, without sample material being contaminated.
- Micro test tubes are highly stable, even when exposed to extreme thermal or mechanical strain.
- Good chemical stability of
consumables for flexible use for different applications.
- Tests on micro test tubes and Safe-Lock tubes are carried out on a daily basis to check vapor tightness, lid-opening force, wall strength, force required to pierce the lid as well as centrifugal stability.
- Gravimetric measurement ensures that tips and Combitips from each series are subject to final testing.
- All production tools are subject to frequent checks at regular intervals in order to guarantee consistent quality throughout the entire production period.
- All production steps, from the completion of the goods through to packaging, are fully automatic. Manual intervention and all subsequent risks caused by contamination are virtually ruled out.
|Pipette tips, micro test tubes and Combitip cylinders are made of PP (polypropylene), a relatively inert plastic characterized by low wettability as well as high dimensional and mechanical stability across a wide temperature range. Other plastics, such as PE (polyethylene), are also used, for example for the Combitips plus pistons. This is due to the fact that ideal running properties between two parts can only be achieved by using two different types of plastic.
A good basis: Top-quality material!
All plastics used by
Eppendorf to produce
consumables comply with international purity criteria.
- The dyes used for consumables are free of organic substances and substances containing heavy metals.
- Plastics are highly resistant to
organic and inorganic acids/ bases and organic solvents
commonly used in laboratories.