Cell culture - theory and practice
Technical and scientific staff with no or little experience in cell culture
Objective of seminar:
Participants learn the basics of eukaryotic cell culture and how to apply aseptic techniques to avoid contamination.
Content of seminar:
Cell culture in theory and practice. The cultivation of cells presents challenges in your daily lab work. In this two-day course, you will learn the fundamentals for successfully starting work with cell cultures.
- Basic knowledge of the biology of eukaryotic cells
- Essentials of cell cultivation (media, growth surfaces, incubation conditions etc.)
- Avoiding contamination
- Applying aseptic techniques at the biosafety cabinet
- Cell culture routine: freezing, thawing and subcultivating
- Determination of cell number and viability
Training venue: Eppendorf Application Technologies Namur, Belgium
€ 800,00 (Industry)
€ 600,00 (Academia and PhD Student)