Microinjection in Zebrafish and Medaka: From Transgenesis to CRISPR
Research technicians and scientists interested in the generation of genetic modified fish models. Basic experience with molecular biology techniques is required.
Objective of seminar:
The aim of the course is to provide participants with hands-on tutorials and the theory behind microinjection into medaka and zebrafish. In addition, participants will learn to design CRISPR constructs.
Content of seminar:
- Microinjection of lineage tracers into one-cell stage embryos
- Co-injection of DNA and mRNA into one-cell stage embryos
- Microinjection of CRISPR/Cas constructs
- Targeted inactivation of pigment loci or genes of interest provided by applicants (medaka and zebrafish)
- Homology directed repair in fish
- Screening by imaging
- High throughput, high content screening for successful events
- Molecular validation of Crispr/Cas9 mediated indel formation
450 Euro (Academia and PhD Student), 800 Euro Industry