§ 1 General
The organizer of the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ is Eppendorf AG, Barkhausenweg 1, 22339 Hamburg, Germany, hereinafter referred to as „Eppendorf”.
By participating in this „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“, entrants agree to the following conditions:
§ 2 Eligibility
(1) Participation in the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ is free of charge and not linked to a purchase obligation and/or use of services. A purchase or use of services will not improve your chances of winning. Mere participation does not entitle a participant to win a prize.
(2) This contest is open only to those who are over the age of 18 and located in a country in which Eppendorf products are sold (see www.eppendorf.com/worldwide).
(3) For participation in the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“, all personal data must be entered truthfully. The participant is responsible for the accuracy of the submitted data.
(4) Legal representatives, employees of the organizer as well as their relatives and third persons being somehow related to this „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ are excluded from participation.
(5) Eppendorf reserves the right to disqualify any individual from the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ on the grounds of violation of the eligibility requirements. Anyone using illegal means or other manipulation to gain advantage shall also be disqualified. In these cases, prizes can also be subsequently disallowed and reclaimed, as necessary. Eppendorf reserves the right to reject submissions at any time without giving reasons; this refers in particular to submissions that are morally, ethically, or legally inacceptable.
§ 3 „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ period and description
(1) The „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ begins on March, 31st 2020 at 10:00 a.m. CEST and ends on November, 30 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CEST.
(2) Participation in the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ is only possible online and at Eppendorf tradeshows and events. The corresponding landing page is www.eppendorf.com/75years. This page includes the “75 Years Eppendorf Guestbook” with the contest.
> Option A: The users take part in the guestbook without the contest: The users write a message about their special experience with an Eppendorf product. Their message will be shown in an online guestbook within the landing page www.eppendorf.com/75years in form of a timeline where all the messages will be shown online after they have been checked and approved by the Eppendorf marketing department in order to avoid spam and other inappropriate messages.
> Option B: While participating in the Guestbook the users can additionally take part in the „75 Years Eppendorf Guestbook Contest“ by selecting a checkbox indicating that they want to participate in the contest. Their email address will be mandatory because Eppendorf needs to get in contact with the winners. The user writes his/her special experience with an Eppendorf product. By writing a message regarding their experience with an Eppendorf product, the participant accepts the Terms and Conditions of the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook“ of Eppendorf.
(3) Three times in the competition period from 31. March until 30. November 25 winners (in total 75 winners) will be selected at random – mid of July, mid of September and end of November 2020. Winners will be contacted by email and will get their prizes via post or handed directly by an Eppendorf employee. The prizes are 75 „Eppendorf Surprise Packages” with a surprise content.
§ 4 Prizes
(1) First prize
Among all participants, 3 winners will be randomly selected for the first prize. The 3 winners of the first prize receive a “Eppendorf Surprise Package” containing Eppendorf merchandise, including one of the Limited Edition 75 Years Pipette Pen and an Eppi® Graffiti-T-Shirt. Furthermore, the winners receive a Bluetooth Audio Box.
(2) Additional prizes
Among all participants, 72 additional winners will be randomly selected for a prize. Each additional winner receives a “Eppendorf Surprise Package” containing Eppendorf merchandise, including one of the Limited Edition 75 Years Pipette Pens.
(3) Winners will be asked to send their address details (first name, last name, company – if needed, street, postal code, city, country and if necessary their t-shirt size) per email to Eppendorf.
(4) All prizes are non-redeemable for cash. Winners cannot make claim to cash payment of the price or exchange of the prize for another item.
(5) Prizes are non-transferable to another person but the winner.
(6) The delivery will be organized by Eppendorf AG, Hamburg, Germany. If delivery of the prize to the winner is not possible, and if it is therefore sent back to the organizer, a new delivery will only be organized on request of the winner. The winner is in default of acceptance and has to bear the costs for the renewed shipment.
(7) If the prize cannot be delivered within one month of electronic notification for reasons that lie with the winner, Eppendorf cannot guarantee that the original prize is still available. The winner will then receive a replacement of more or less the same value. The winner will also receive a replacement of more or less the same value if the original prize is no longer available in the presented design (model change, seasonal goods etc.). The winner accepts necessary changes of the prize if they are due to causes that are out of control of the companies involved in the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest “. If the prize cannot be delivered within three months of electronic notification due to reasons that lie with the winner, the claim to the prize is forfeited. In this case, Eppendorf reserves the right to draw another winner.
(8) Delivery is free within Europe. Freight costs and customs that may incur in addition must be borne by the winner. In this case, the seat of the organizer remains the place of performance.
§ 5 Publication of winners and all participants By participating in the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“, participants explicitly agree that their names (with the last name abbreviated) and their submitted messages are shown via all Eppendorf channels: Social Media, print and webpages.
§ 6 Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Disclaimer
The „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ is promoted on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn via Eppendorfs accounts. This promotion is not connected with Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn in any way and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn. Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn are therefore not your contact for this competition. If you have any remarks or problems, please send an email to email@example.com.
§ 7 Copyright
By uploading the content, participants confirm that they hold all copy- and image rights for the content. Participants explicitly agree to the publication of their submitted content on all Eppendorf channels, e.g. Social Media, print brochures, webpages.
§ 8 Premature termination of the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“
Eppendorf reserves the right to terminate the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ at any point in time without prior notice and without giving reason. Eppendorf will make use of this possibility especially if proper execution of the „75 Years Eppendorf: Online Guestbook Contest“ cannot be ensured due to technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation, or hard- and/or software errors) or legal issues. If premature termination is caused by a participant's behavior, Eppendorf may claim damages.
§ 9 Rejection of the submitted data
Eppendorf reserves the right to reject submissions by the participants at any time without giving reasons; this refers in particular to data that is morally, ethically, or politically inacceptable.
§ 10 Data protection
Eppendorf uses the participant's personal data for the purposes of administering the contest including, but not limited to, contacting and announcing the winners and fulfilling the award of the prizes (including postage). Eppendorf processes the respective personal data on the basis of Article 6, paragraph 1, point b, of the GDPR. Further information on the use of your personal data can be found at www.eppendorf.com/gdpr.
§ 11 Liability
Through the delivery of the prizes, Eppendorf is free of all legal obligations, provided that an earlier time does not arise from these provisions.
Eppendorf accepts no responsibility for lost, wrongly delivered, damaged, or illegible participant information, errors, omission, interruptions, deletion, defects or delays in sending data, theft or damage, as well as unauthorized access to or changes in participant details, all technical, network, telephone, electronic, computer, internet, hard- and software disruptions, erroneous transmittance or failed receipt of access information due to technical problems, e.g. internet overload, damage to the participant’s computer and to any other person due to participation in the contest.
§ 12 Rejection of Legal Action / Applicable Law and Jurisdiction / Others
Legal recourse is prohibited. Exclusively law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall be applicable. Court of Jurisdiction is Hamburg / Germany. If any of these terms are or become invalid, the validity of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
Eppendorf AG, Support at firstname.lastname@example.org