You are about to leave this site.
Please be aware that your current cart is not saved yet and cannot be restored on the new site nor when you come back. If you want to save your cart please login in into your account.
Innova® U360 - ULT Freezer
Innova ULT Freezers
Product InformationYou need a slim freezer for the lab?
The Eppendorf Innova U360 ULT freezer (also known as ultra-low temperature freezer/ -80°C) fits into the niche in your lab. A combined insulation based on vacuum insulation panels and polyurethane foam enables low energy consumption and provides superior protection for your critical samples.
You will find additional download material at the bottom of this page
Show more Products
Show more Products
Show more Products
Show more Products
When it comes to maximizing sample storage capacity, Eppendorf Innova® ULT freezers set the standard. They take advantage of ultra-efficient, ultra-compact vacuum insulation panels which are used in combination with traditional insulation to slim down the freezer wall thickness from 130 mm to 80 mm. These models are ideal for labs short on space.
Besides sustainability, the main focus of our freezers is on ergonomic aspects. Easy closing of the outer door, ergonomic door handle, display on eye-level, or easy-to-clean stainless steel interior are based on the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept: Safe grip but very light forces needed to open and close the freezer door.
Cost of ownership
When investing in a new ULT freezer, the product price itself is only one aspect. Others include the long-term costs of power consumption and the costs of service and spare parts. Keep in mind, a high-quality ULT freezer will do its job in the lab for 10 years or more.
The Innova line is equipped with reliable heavy-duty compressors (2-stage cascade cooling system). Quick pull-down times enable fast re-use after cleaning/defrosting of the instrument. The freezers have short recovery times after opening as well as built-in voltage stabilizers to provide extra sample safety. Their temperature range is from -50 °C to -86 °C. For even higher sample safety, the Eppendorf Innova upright freezers can be equipped with CO2/LN2 back-up systems and a chart recorder. Temperature monitor systems can be used to monitor the freezers remotely.
Sustainability for ULT freezers is a challenge: Maintaining extremely low temperatures of -86 °C for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week needs energy.
By following the epGreen concept, the Eppendorf freezer R&D team developed intelligent solutions where energy savings are combined with durable long-lasting product quality and ergonomic aspects. This future-oriented instrument class provides consumption levels which are ahead of most competitors within this volume class.
Lost in samples? Stay organized!
Over many years, you collect hundreds and thousands of samples – samples that are the results of years of hard work – samples of high value. When storing these in the ULT freezer at -80°C, it is vital to keep them safe and accessible.
Many scientists still use spreadsheets or even paper-based lists to keep track of their storage. While these solutions may work most of the time, they are susceptible to human error, damage, and misplacement.
Keep track of your samples with eLabInventory
eLabInventory is a sample management software.
Start a free 30-day trial!
Struggling with paper-based documentation?
The eLabJournal Electronic Lab Notebook offers an intuitive and flexible solution to document research and track research data like workflow processes where the ULT freezer is involved. Improve efficiency when documenting, organizing, searching, and archiving collected data. With the free eLabJournal add-ons, you can extend the functionality of eLabJournal to a fully integrated Laboratory Information Management System.
Start a free 30-day trial!
Disposal of packaging
The packaging of the ULT freezer contains different materials, this includes a wooden pallet, cardboard, a plastic dust cover, and some foam parts. Recycling of materials becomes more and more important every day: Are you aware that nearly all cardboard material is recycled in Europe? Our freezer packaging cardboard material consists of ca. 70% recycling material. Please support the global sustainability initiative of recycling valuable raw material by also collecting the freezer cardboard packaging material and disposing of it in the appropriate collection container at your organization. In respect to the plastic dust cover made of LD-PE and the foam parts, we recommend to select a dedicated recycling partner where PE material can be recycled. We suggest you contact your local waste hauler or facility management team to understand the available recycling options for your organization.
Disposal of instrument
Our freezers last for many years, but if they need to be replaced, we kindly ask you to fulfill local requirements for disposal of these instruments. We strongly recommend a certified local recycling partner with experience in instruments with active cooling. Keeping it “local“ reduces the impact of transportation, and the „certified“ aspect is recommended due to the safe and sustainable removal and recycling of the cooling liquids.
This piece of equipment was used in a laboratory and/ or was used to handle biological samples. Please keep in mind to adequately decontaminate the equipment which needs to be disposed. Check local requirements. For more information, get in contact with your local biosafety officer and/ or waste officer. Check if your local recycling partner has special instructions and/ or documentation requirements. You may also use the Eppendorf decontamination form sheet as guidance.
Support the epGreen initiative with your Eppendorf ULT freezer
Eppendorf Ultra-Low Temperature freezers are among the most energy-efficient in the industry, reducing energy consumption by thousands of kilowatt hours over our competition.
Factors influencing the energy consumption
• Thickness of insulation
• Type of insulation
• Type of cooling liquid
• Efficiency of compressors
• Control of compressor
• Pressure in cooling system
• Style of cooling loops (diameter, length, density,..)
• Sealings of outer door
• Sealings of inner doors
• Insulation of inner doors
• Insulation of outer door
Our part for sustainability
• Production moved into new building with state-of-the-art building insulation to save heating energy and power
• Heat output during final individual unit testing discharges building heating system
• Plastic and cardboard compactors introduced + waste rebate system in place
• Local requirements for waste management (collection of electronic waste like circuit boards, recycling via authorized recycling organizations) and internal guide lines
• Usage of green cooling liquids in Eppendorf ULT freezers for 10 years
• Packaging parts have increasing share of recycled origin
• Packaging is more than 99% recycalble (wood, cardboard, PE-foil)
• REACH + RoHS compliant
• ENERGY STAR® partner
• Marketing material is printed on certified paper, wherever possible focus on pdf only
• Shipment by cargo ship to reduce CO2 footprint
Learn more about sustainability at Eppendorf
Box capacity per freezer
|53 mm (2 in) tall boxes||252|
|64 mm (2.5 in) tall boxes||216|
|76 mm (3 in) tall boxes||180|
|102 mm (4 in) tall boxes||108|
|127 mm (5 in) tall boxes||108|
DWP capacity per freezer
|102 mm (4 in) tall boxes||378|
Box capacity per rack
|53 mm (2 in) tall boxes||28|
|64 mm (2.5 in) tall boxes||24|
|76 mm (3 in) tall boxes||20|
|102 mm (4 in) tall boxes||12|
|127 mm (5 in) tall boxes||12|
|Cooling type||air cooling|
|Cooling liquid||classic cooling liquids (R404A / R508B)|
|Heat output||590 W|
|Insulation||vacuum insulation paneling / polyurethane foam|
|Capacity||360 L (12,7 ft³)|
|No. of compartments||3|
|No. of internal doors||3|
|Max. racks per freezer||9|
|Noise level||56 dBA|
|Power supply||230 V, 50 Hz|
|Max. power consumption||10700 W|
|Average Daily Consumption||10.7 kWh/day|
|Average Daily Consumption (230 V)||10.7 kWh/day|
|Footprint (WxD)||67 x 86.7 cm|
|Weight w/o accessories||266 kg / 587 lb|
|Weight w/o accessories||230 kg / 507 lb|
|Temperature range||-50 °C to -86 °C|
|Pull-down time to -80 °C||5 h 30 min1)|
|CO2 backup system||no|
|LN2 backup system||no|
1)Empty freezer with shelves fitted, upright freezers only, pull down from 21 – 23 °C ambient conditions.
- ULT freezers are suitable for storage and preservation of all types of biological materials/samples:
• Blood components (research only)
• Tissue used in research only
• Preservation of chemicals or material testing components for a longer period of time
- Vacuum insulation panels allow for increased internal capacity with the same footprint as traditionally foamed freezers
- Inner doors are gasketed as well as insulated creating 3 separate compartments minimizing cold air loss while you access your samples
- Easy-to-read, eye level, flush mounted LED control panel and alarm status
- Each shelf is adjustable in height for additional storage flexibility
- Special vacuum vent with plunger ergonomically located at waist level to gain immediate access to your freezer
- Inner doors can be quickly removed without the need for tools for easier and faster defrosting
- Full stainless steel interior for easy cleaning during maintenance and defrost cycles; powder-coated steel exterior
- Special low-temperature outer door seals allow gaskets to remain flexible at –86 °C and prevent ice buildup for easy access to samples
- Password protection of alarm and temperature setpoints to prevent unauthorized setting changes
Downloads: Innova® U360