You are about to leave this site.
Please be aware that your current cart is not saved yet and cannot be restored on the new site nor when you come back. If you want to save your cart please login in into your account.
Eppendorf ThermoStat C
Reliable experiments by condens.protect®
Product InformationThe ideal device to accurately set and maintain temperatures: The Eppendorf ThermoStat C is for heating and cooling almost any of your lab vessels. For additional condensation prevention of small volumes we recommend the Eppendorf ThermoTop (optional), a heated lid with condens.protect technology.
You will find additional download material at the bottom of this page
Show more Products
Show more Products
Show more Products
Many experiments require fast heating and cooling steps in a very accurate manner. Precise temperature control is achieved for the ThermoStat C by using optimally balanced heating and cooling elements (peltier technology).
Using different vessel formats?
A wide varity of Eppendorf SmartBlocks are available for the Eppendorf ThermoStat C. These thermoblocks offer you a broad flexibility for use of nearly all common vessel and plate formats.
• Fast and simple block exchange due to Eppendorf QuickRelease
• Optimized block design guarantees maximum temperature transfer to the sample
• Individually sensor‐controlled Eppendorf SmartBlocks allow for block‐specific calibration"
Tired of condensation in your tubes?
We combined the Eppendorf ThermoStat with the PCR cycler approach of a heated lid and generated the Eppendorf ThermoTop®. The outstanding Eppendorf condens.protect technology reliably prevents condensation within the tube lid – sample concentrations are consistent for the incubation time.
In addition, the temperature homogeneity is further improved. Get optimal sample reaction conditions to produce optimal results.
• Efficient and reliable condensation prevention on tube lids for safe sample heating
• Get constant reaction conditions for optimal enzymatic performance within your sample
• Wireless connection with automatic recognition and operation for user-friendly handling
Missing a second temperature for an incubation at 37 °C or 95 °C at your Eppendorf ThermoStat?
The Eppendorf SmartExtender offers a comfortable incubation tool which can easily be used as an add-on to your existing Eppendorf SmartBlocks and the Eppendorf ThermoMixer C/Fx as well as Eppendorf ThermoStat C. Up to 12 vessels (1.5 mL) can be heated up for a higher throughput and higher flexibility in your lab. The independent heating function for the second temperature enables a parallel usage of an Eppendorf SmartBlock and the SmartExtender. The Eppendorf SmartBlock at the center can still be used for heating and cooling.
Annoyed by uncomfortable handling?
Ergonomics is far beyond the »ergonomically designed chair«. Eppendorf started to optimize the laboratory devices regarding ergonomics already in the early 1970s.
In 2003, we started the PhysioCare Concept, focusing on ergonomic liquid handling devices like our pipettes.
Nowadays, the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept is broaden up to include further laboratory products as a holistic solution to harmonize the workflow in your laboratory with your health and well-being, e.g. for the Eppendorf ThermoStat:
• Eppendorf QuickRelease for easy and fast block exchange
• Insulated SmartBlock for safe gripping / no burning of fingers
• Direct keys for convenient handling
• Small footprint to enable position in direct arm reach at your bench
• Standardized »user-interface concept« for intuitive handling of devices
Further information about the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept:
Struggling with paper-based documentation?
The eLabJournal Electronic Lab Notebook offers an intuitive and flexible solution to document research and track research data like workflow processes where the Eppendorf ThermoStat is involved. Improve efficiency when documenting, organizing, searching, and archiving collected data. With the free eLabJournal add-ons, you can extend the functionality of eLabJournal to a fully integrated Laboratory Information Management System.
Start a free 30-day trial!
Efficient lab and device management with VisioNize® Lab Suite
Are you interested in monitoring your lab devices and receiving notifications e.g., for device alarms? A digital, connected lab offers even more.
Gain access to a modular range of digital services and choose what works for your lab. VisioNize Lab Suite offers everything you need as a Lab Manager or Scientist to get started to digitally manage your lab for increased sample security, compliance needs and maintenance management.
Chart your own course to digital lab excellence! Find out more
|Specifications||Eppendorf ThermoStat C|
|Sample capacity||All common vessels and plate formats from 5 µL to 50 mL|
|Timer||5 s to 99:30 h, continuous|
|Power supply||220 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz|
|Max. power consumption||200 W|
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||20,6 × 30,4 × 13,6 cm / 8,1 × 11,9 × 5,3 in|
|Weight w/o accessories||4,3 kg / 9,7 lb|
|Temperature range||Min: 30 °C below RT, max: 110 °C (110 °C when using the SmartBlocks 12 mm or cryo)|
|Temperature range||Min: 30 °C below RT, max: 110 °C (110 °C when using the 12 mm and cryo SmartBlocks)1)|
|Temperature settings||-10 °C/110 °C (110 °C when using the SmartBlocks 12 mm or cryo)|
|Temperature accuracy||Max. ±0.5 °C at 20 – 45 °C1)|
|Heating rate||Max. 9 °C/min (when using the SmartBlock PCR 384)1)|
|Cooling rate||Max. 5.0 °C/min between 110 °C and RT1)|
1)depending on SmartBlock used
- Gentle thawing and cooling buffers and samples at low temperatures
- Preheating media
- Biochemical reactions at low temperatures
- cDNA synthesis
- Denaturation of RNA, DNA, and protein
- Proteinase K digestion
- ELISA assays
- Cell lysis
- Heating and active cooling in all common vessel and plate formats from 5 µL to 50 mL for high flexibility
- Broad range of Eppendorf SmartBlocks enables high vessel flexibility
- Excellent temperature accuracy for safe sample handling
- Very fast cooling rates of up to 5 °C/min, reducing your waiting time
- Low temperature (e.g. 4 °C or 0 °C) even at higher ambient temperatures for safe sample incubation
- Temperature keys (4 °C, 16 °C, 37 °C, 56 °C, and 95 °C) provide quick access to commonly used experimental temperatures
- Eppendorf ThermoTop® (condens.protect®) compatibility prevents condensation and improves temperature homogeneity within sample tubes (up to 2.0 mL)
- Comprehensive range of program slots (up to 15) for flexible usage of device
Downloads: Eppendorf ThermoStat C