You are about to leave this site.
Please be aware that your current cart is not saved yet and cannot be restored on the new site nor when you come back. If you want to save your cart please login in into your account.
Eppendorf Conical Tubes 15 mL and 50 mL
Product InformationCompromise sample integrity no more! The Eppendorf Conical Tubes 15 mL or 50 mL are made from the highest quality materials and can be used for a diverse range of laboratory applications – from cell biology and immunology to microbiology and molecular biology.
You will find additional download material at the bottom of this page
Show more Products
Ensure you have the right vessel for your application with the Eppendorf Conical Tubes. Designed for safety and with easy handling in mind - whether you’re centrifuging delicate cells or mixing harsh solutions, our 15 mL and 50 mL conical tubes help to streamline your workflows.
From cell culture and cell biology to sample preparation protocols in microbiology, the Eppendorf Conical Tubes provide the perfect option.
Innovative new cap design with flattened and grooved sides
• Ergonomic operation with easy open and close, and superior comfort for single-handed handling
• Stable, upright position to minimize contamination
• Superior materials and precision molding for maximal tightness and minimal sample loss
Superior centrifugation stability for maximum safety
Increase workflow efficiency with shorter centrifugation times. The conical tubes offer maximum safety to ensure samples, users and equipment are fully protected at all times.
For more details see Application Note 343.
A conical tube to suit all
With unrivalled purity, Eppendorf Conical Tubes are suitable for cell-based and nucleic acid-based applications:
• Sterile & pyrogen-free
• DNase-, RNase-, and DNA-free (human & bacterial)
• Individually lot tested and certified
Disposal of Eppendorf Conical Tubes and their packaging material
Recycling of materials becomes more and more important every day. E.g. in Europe almost 100 % of cardboard material is already recycled. The packaging material of the Eppendorf Conical Tubes is made of different materials – for the most part made from cardboard.
Eppendorf consumables and thus also Eppendorf Tubes are shipped in packaging consisting of at least 95 % recycled cardboard.
Please support our global sustainability initiative of recycling valuable raw material by collecting the cardboard packaging material of tubes. Dispose of the packaging material in the designated collection containers in your organization and region.
After usage, the tubes themselves are defined as potentially being contaminated. This contamination can be based on biohazard, chemical hazard, or even nuclear hazard. Therefore, recycling of these vessels can be challenging. In many countries, critical waste must be burned due to legal restrictions. However, energy and heat can be recovered from thermal recycling of contaminated laboratory consumables.
To reduce the amount of critical plastic waste, you should use at least two waste containers: One for critical waste and one for non-critical waste. The definition of these two groups may depend on local regulations and should be communicated/ trained in your lab accordingly. For further local waste recycling options please contact your local biosafety officer and your local waste management.
We strongly recommend a certified local recycling partner. Keeping it "local" will reduce the impact of transportation, and the "certified" aspect is recommended due to the safe and sustainable handling of lab waste.
|Specifications||Eppendorf Conical Tubes 15 mL, racked||Eppendorf Conical Tubes 50 mL, racked|
|Diameter (mm)||17 mm||30 mm|
|Packing||500 tubes (20 racks × 25 tubes)||300 tubes (12 racks × 25 tubes)|
|Purity grade(s)||sterile, pyrogen-, DNase-, RNase-, human and bacterial DNA-free||sterile, pyrogen-, DNase-, RNase-, human and bacterial DNA-free|
|Material||tube: polypropylene, screw cap: high-density polyethylene (HDPE)||tube: polypropylene, screw cap: high-density polyethylene (HDPE)|
|Volume||15 mL||50 mL|
|Max. RCF||19500 × g||19500 × g|
|Operating temperature||-86 °C – 100 °C||-86 °C – 100 °C|
|Centrifugation stability||19,500 × g1)||19,500 × g1)|
1)Test conditions: Rotor FA-45-6-30 in Eppendorf Centrifuge 5810 R (using a suitable centrifuge adapter for 15 mL tube), sample: saline solution (density: 1.0 g/mL), controlled centrifugation temp.: 25 °C, centrifugation time: 90 min
- Convenient and safe cell culture applications
- Sample preparation in microbiology and molecular biology labs
- Storage of samples and solutions with larger volumes
- Preparation of mastermixes and buffers
- Premium USP class 6 raw material and no use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides during manufacturing ensure highest sample integrity, high g-Safe® centrifugation stability, and optimal sample and pellet visibility.
- Cap with flattened and grooved sides supports a user-friendly ergonomic handling, enables a stable upright positioning, and minimizes contamination risk.
- Reliable and safe labelling due to a large writing area on the tube and due to a flat and light-colored cap.
- Precise dimensions enable maximum compatibility with centrifuge rotors, mixers and shakers.
- Sterile, pyrogen-, DNase-, RNase-, and DNA-free. Each individual lot is checked and certified for quality and purity.
Downloads: Eppendorf Conical Tubes 15 mL and 50 mL