Stirred-tank bioreactors are gaining more and more importance in the industrial production of pharmaceutical products, biofuels and food. When compared with 2D-cultivation systems, bioreactors are easy to handle, and multiple bioreactors can be controlled in parallel without a considerable increase of workload. In stirred-tank bioreactors cells can be cultivated as free cells in solution, cell aggregates or on microcarriers in batch, fed-batch or continuous cultivation modes.
Date & Time:
Monday, September 16, 2019 at 9am EDT| 2pm BST| 3pm CEST
Ankita Desai, Bioprocess Field Application Specialist, Eppendorf North America
Dr. Arie Reijerkerk, Head of Services and Innovation, Ncardia
Dr. Farbod Famili, Project leader assay development and high-throughput screening Ncardia
Key Learning Objectives:
- Learn about the challenges and benefits of stirred-tank bioreactors.
- Receive insights on the different impeller types and their geometry on cell growth.
- Learn about the benefits and challenges of up-scaling a bioreactor process.
- Learn about the application of controlled bioreactor processes to drug discovery and development.
- Get the chance to interact with experts in a live Q&A session.