Shakers and bioreactors are established versatile systems for cultivating microorganism, plant, and animal cells in suspension. Both methods aim at increasing the oxygen and nutrient supply in the medium to stimulate culture growth, but offer very different solutions in technique, volumes/throughput, control possibilities, and thus applications.
In this educational webinar, we will look at the biophysical background of both cultivation techniques, pros and cons, and areas of application. You will also learn how to optimize your process in shaker flasks and bioreactors via proper choice of vessel type, vessel material, instrument configuration, and parameter settings. Additionally, we will introduce the use of feeding techniques in shakers and bioreactors.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Review: Why shake or stirr cells and an outline of system specific differences
- Learn how to identify the right cultivation method, vessel type, vessel material, and instrument configuration for your specific needs
- Learn how to define and optimize important parameters to improve culture results – incl. Tips & Tricks
- Learn about feeding strategies in shake flasks & bioreactorsand their impact on your culture
- Live “Ask the Expert” session – Deepen your knowledge and optimize your process
Who Should Attend:
- Scientists new to cultivation of cells in suspension in shakers and/or bioreactors
- Experienced scientists looking for tips and tricks to improve their processes
Date & Time:
Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 10am EDT | 9am CDT| 3pm BST | 4pm CEST
Duration: 1 hour
Jorge Escobar, Senior Research Scientist in the Applications Lab of Eppendorf, Inc.
Aurélie Tacheny, Project Manager and Application Specialist for Eppendorf Application Technologies