Sample storage in the lab is not limited to the freezer. The process of sample storage includes the right selection of vessels, a reliable labeling/ identification of your samples, robust freezer boxes and racks, a convenient sample management tool, the freezer itself, and freezer performance monitoring systems.
Still, the freezer is the core of your sample storage system:
Eppendorf offers different lines of -80 °C lab freezers to meet a variety of needs. Depending on the approach, there are different questions to answer before you select your Ultra-Low-Temperature freezer, also known as ULT freezer to store your freezer boxes and your valuable samples:
- Do you need an upright freezer or a chest freezer to store your freezer boxes?
- Do you want a foam-insulated freezer wall enforced by vacuum insulation panels or is foam sufficient?
- Which footprint in the lab is sufficient and/ or acceptable?
- When choosing an upright freezer, do you need a 3- or 5-compartment instrument?
- Do you need a future-proof freezer with green cooling liquids as R290/ R170?
- Do you want to connect your ULT freezer?
As your ULT freezer is a longterm investment, a careful planning and validation is recommended.
We want to provide you with high performance, sample safety, and convenience.