1951 the first human cell line HeLa entered cell culture labs worldwide. 70 years later, we know that at least 129 cell lines are contaminated with HeLa cells with dramatic implications on the validity of past cell culture related research. The fact that at least 509 cell lines are misidentified (ICLAC 2020) reveals a significant need for solid cell authentication that is increasingly required by scientific journals and auditing authorities.
In this webinar, we will discuss principles, methods, and share best practices to check cell identity. Join us to learn more about preventing cell misidentification by incorporating Good Cell Culture Practice into your daily routine and become a true cell culture expert.
Do you have questions for the experts?
Join the live Q&A session to deepen your knowledge, ask questions, and optimize your process. All questions asked during the live webinar or recorded session will be answered by our experts – during the Q&A session or afterwards.
If you can´t make it, just register to receive the link to the recorded session.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Cell misidentification - What's that?
- Explain and learn about causes and consequences of working with the wrong cell line
- Discuss how to choose a cell authentication method
- Discuss the background of STR amplification and capillary electrophoresis (CE) for successful cell authentication and how to apply these methods correctly
Date & Time: June 9, 2021 at 7am PDT, 10am EDT, 4pm CEST
- Jessica Wagener, PhD, Application Specialist Cell Handling, Eppendorf AG
- Gabriela Saldanha, Senior Product Manager, Promega Corp.