Logged in as::
You are about to leave this site.
Please be aware that your current cart is not saved yet and cannot be restored on the new site nor when you come back. If you want to save your cart please login in into your account.
Centrifuge 5702/ 5702 R/5702 RH - Low-Speed Centrifuge
General Lab Product Version
Do I need IVD?
Since May 2022, the EU IVD Regulation (IVDR) 2017/746 replaces the IVD Directive 98/79/EC under which a variety of Eppendorf products were registered as IVD products. The new IVDR, and resulting recommendations from leading European Life Science Organizations, provide more clarity on product types that may be classified as in-vitro diagnostic medical devices, which has led to some changes in our IVD product portfolio.
Eppendorf continues to offer centrifuges in two versions: An EU-IVD compliant version for diagnostic applications (affixed with the CE IVD mark according to the EU In Vitro Diagnostics Regulation (IVDR) 2017/746), and a General Lab Product version for research applications.
Eppendorf pipettes, pipette tips and tubes affixed with the CE IVD mark are discontinued in May 2022. To ensure that you can keep working with our products in IVD applications, the intended use of our "General Lab Product" pipettes, pipette tips and tubes has been changed however: Eppendorf pipettes, pipette tips and tubes without CE IVD mark are now suitable for all general laboratory applications including IVD applications and can be purchased and used as such since January 2022 (in the EU and EFTA countries).
Learn more here
Product InformationAre you looking to improve your work environment? The 5702 family of low-speed centrifuges are quiet in operation, compact in design and provide six different rotor options to accommodate any type of tube and requirement for low to mid-throughput applications in clinical research and cell culture.
You will find additional download material at the bottom of this page
Spare Parts (1)
Show more Products
Show more Products
Show more Products
1 Spare Parts
Show more Products
Show more Products
The 5702 family of low speed, general purpose centrifuges was especially designed to meet the requirement of low- to mid-throughput clinical research and cell culture labs. They are compact in design so that one can fit comfortably on every lab bench, quiet in operation to benefit your work environment, and provide 6 different centrifuge rotor options to accommodate any type of tube.
Make your lab environment a better place to work with the 5702 family of low-speed centrifuges that are quiet, user-friendly and so compact that you can fit one comfortably on every lab bench. The low access height allows for simple loading and unloading of samples.
Within the 5702 family, we offer three different models to suit your lab or your application. Centrifuge 5702, which is suitable for standard applications, the refrigerated Centrifuge 5702 R for heat sensitive samples, and the actively heated and refrigerated Centrifuge 5702 RH, which is well suited for working with living specimens, for example in cell culture.
Choose the right model to meet your temperature requirements:
• Centrifuge 5702 – optimized air flow minimizes sample warming during run
• Centrifuge 5702 R/RH – FastTemp function for fast pre-cooling
• Centrifuge 5702 RH only – active heating guarantees high temperature accuracy during the entire centrifugation cycle
• Centrifuge 5702 R/RH – reduced energy consumption and extended compressor life thanks to the ECO shut-off that engages after a period of inactivity
The 5702 family of low-speed centrifuges come with an easy to clean stainless steel rotor chamber. Automatic centrifuge rotor recognition and imbalance detection ensure operational safety and a key lock prevents accidental parameter changes. Optional aerosol-tight caps are ready for you to use when working with hazardous samples.
Proud Owner of an Eppendorf product? Already registered?
Did you know that if you register your Eppendorf product with us you will get the following?
• 100 epPoints® (for each product you register) to redeem in our rewards shop
• Additional 3 months warranty when you register a Centrifuge, Shaker, CO2 Incubator or Cycler
• Entry in an exclusive Eppendorf prize draw (for each product you register)
• Get your personal product story to be posted on the Eppendorf website
Getting started is super easy! Either -
1. Download the Eppendorf App, scan and register OR
2. Visit our webpage, log onto your myEppendorf account and enter the product serial number
Disposal of packaging
The packaging of the centrifuge contains different materials, this can include a wooden pallet, cardboard, a plastic dust cover, and some foam parts. Recycling of materials becomes more and more important every day: Are you aware that nearly all cardboard material is recycled in Europe? Our centrifuge packaging cardboard material consists of ca. 50% recycling material. Please support the global sustainability initiative of recycling valuable raw material by also collecting the freezer cardboard packaging material and disposing of it in the appropriate collection container at your organization. In respect to the plastic dust cover made of LD-PE and the foam parts, we recommend to select a dedicated recycling partner where PE material can be recycled. We suggest you contact your local waste hauler or facility management team to understand the available recycling options for your organization.
Disposal of instrument
Our centrifuges last for many years, but if they need to be replaced, we kindly ask you to fulfill local requirements for disposal of these instruments. We strongly recommend a certified local recycling partner with experience in instruments with active cooling. Keeping it “local“ reduces the impact of transportation, and the „certified“ aspect is recommended due to the safe and sustainable removal and recycling of the cooling liquids if it is a refrigerated centrifuge.
This piece of equipment was used in a laboratory and/ or was used to handle biological samples. Please keep in mind to adequately decontaminate the equipment which needs to be disposed. Check local requirements. For more information, get in contact with your local biosafety officer and/ or waste officer. Check if your local recycling partner has special instructions and/ or documentation requirements. You may also use the Eppendorf decontamination form sheet as guidance.
|Specifications||5702||5702 R||5702 RH|
|Max. RCF||3,000 × g||3,000 × g||3,000 × g|
|Max. RCF with fixed-angle rotor||1900 × g||1900 × g||1900 × g|
|Max. RCF with swing-bucket rotor||3000 × g||3000 × g||3000 × g|
|Speed||100 – 4,400 rpm (100 rpm steps)||100 – 4,400 rpm (100 rpm steps)||100 – 4,400 rpm (100 rpm steps)|
|Max. capacity||4 × 100 mL||4 × 100 mL||4 × 100 mL|
|Acceleration time1)||≤19 s||≤20 s||≤19 s|
|Deceleration time1)||≤19 s||≤28 s||≤29 s|
|Timer||0 – 99 min, with continuous run function||0 – 99 min, with continuous run function||0 – 99 min, with continuous run function|
|SOFT brake function||yes||yes||yes|
|Noise level||< 52 dB(A) with Rotor A-4-38||<46 dB(A) with Rotor A-4-38||<46 dB(A) with Rotor A-4-38|
|Volume range||400 mL||400 mL||400 mL|
|Power supply||230 V, 50 – 60 Hz||230 V, 50 – 60 Hz||230 V, 50 – 60 Hz|
|Max. power consumption||200 W||380 W||380 W|
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||32 × 40 × 24 cm / 12.6 × 15.6 × 9.6 in||38 × 58 × 27 cm / 15 × 22.9 × 10.6 in||38 × 58 × 27 cm / 15 × 22.9 × 10.6 in|
|Footprint (dimensions w/o front panel, WxD)||32 × 40 cm / 12.6 × 15.6 in||38 × 58 cm / 15 × 22.9 in||−|
|Weight w/o accessories||19 kg / 41.9 lb||35 kg / 77.1 lb||35 kg / 77.1 lb|
|Height (with open lid)||53 cm / 20.7 in||60 cm / 23.4 in||60 cm / 23.4 in|
|Temperature range||–||-9 °C to 40 °C||-9 °C to 40 °C|
|Conical tubes||20 × 15 mL/ 4 × 50 mL||20 × 15 mL/ 4 × 50 mL||20 × 15 mL/ 4 × 50 mL|
|Blood collection tubes||36 × 13 mm/ 30 × 16 mm||36 × 13 mm/ 30 × 16 mm||36 × 13 mm/ 30 × 16 mm|
1)Acceleration and deceleration times may vary depending on rotor, load and voltage version.
- Centrifuge 5702 for standard applications
- Refrigerated Centrifuge 5702 R for heat sensitive samples
- Heated and refrigerated Centrifuge 5702 RH allows centrifugation to improve cell viability for more accurate results in downstream applications
- Max. speed: 3,000 × g (4,400 rpm)
- Very compact footprint to fit on every lab bench
- Very quiet operation to benefit your environment
- Low access height for simple loading and unloading of samples
- SOFT brake function for slow acceleration and braking. Optimized for cell separation by gradient centrifugation
- “At set RPM” function starts the timer when the selected rotational speed is reached for reproducible centrifugation runs
- Key lock to prevent unintentional adjustments
- Stainless steel rotor chamber is rust-free and easy to clean
- Electronic imbalance detection for maximum safety
Special features for Centrifuge 5702 R and Centrifuge 5702 RH
- Temperature settings from -9 °C to 40 °C
- FastTemp function for fast precooling
- Continuous cooling maintains a constant temperature after the run has been completed – your samples stay cool
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours of non-use to reduce energy consumption and extend compressor life
- Two program keys to store routine programs
- Active heating guarantees high temperature accuracy during the entire centrifugation cycle (only 5702 RH)
Downloads: Centrifuge 5702/ 5702 R/5702 RH