Logged in as::
You are about to leave this site.
Please be aware that your current cart is not saved yet and cannot be restored on the new site nor when you come back. If you want to save your cart please login in into your account.
Eppendorf ThermoMixer® C
Reliable experiments by condens.protect®
Eppendorf ThermoMixer® - Change comes quickly, take advantage of our versatility
Product InformationEppendorf ThermoMixer C is for heating, cooling, and mixing almost any of your lab vessels. Reliable prevention of condensate formation in small vessels can be achieved with the heated lid Eppendorf ThermoTop (optional).
You will find additional download material at the bottom of this page
Show more Products
Show more Products
Show more Products
You need everything? The Eppendorf ThermoMixer C combines excellent mixing performance with excellent temperature control to ensure complete, dependable and reproducible test results. Improve your assay results by mixing and incubating samples at the same time. The Eppendorf ThermoMixer C convinces users with its quick and easy-to-exchange SmartBlocks for all common lab vessels, new and improved program functions, and high level of stability for every mixing frequency. There is almost no limit to the variety of applications waiting for you!
Facing irregular mixing results?
Reliable sample mixing is far beyond simple mixing, especially when talking about microliter volumes. After decades of offering mixing devices, we found a way to expand reliable mixing performance to the microliter scale:
The 2DMix-Control technology mixes liquids in a controlled, circular movement. Orbital circular paths with a diameter of 3 mm and up to 3,000 rpm: Generates excellent mixing performance, even for challenging samples. The ThermoMixer C provides enough mixing power to handle also challenging mixing tasks. Most samples are efficiently mixed within less than a minute independent of vessel geometry or sample properties.
Using different vessel formats?
A wide varity of Eppendorf SmartBlocks are available for the Eppendorf ThermoMixer C. These thermoblocks offer you a broad flexibility for use of nearly all common vessel and plate formats.
• Fast and simple block exchange due to Eppendorf QuickRelease
• Optimized block design guarantees maximum temperature transfer to the sample
• Individually sensor‐controlled Eppendorf SmartBlocks allow for block‐specific calibration
Tired of condensation in your tubes?
We combined the Eppendorf ThermoMixer with the PCR cycler approach of a heated lid and generated the Eppendorf ThermoTop®. The outstanding Eppendorf condens.protect technology reliably prevents condensation within the tube lid – sample concentrations are consistent for the incubation time.
In addition, the temperature homogeneity is further improved. Get optimal sample reaction conditions to produce optimal results.
• Efficient and reliable condensation prevention on tube lids for safe sample heating
• Get constant reaction conditions for optimal enzymatic performance within your sample
• Wireless connection with automatic recognition and operation for user-friendly handling
Missing a second temperature for an incubation at 37 °C or 95 °C at your Eppendorf ThermoMixer?
The Eppendorf SmartExtender offers a comfortable incubation tool which can easily be used as an add-on to your existing Eppendorf SmartBlocks and the Eppendorf ThermoMixer C/Fx as well as Eppendorf ThermoStat C. Up to 12 vessels (1.5 mL) can be heated up for a higher throughput and higher flexibility in your lab. The independent heating function for the second temperature enables a parallel usage of an Eppendorf SmartBlock and the SmartExtender. The Eppendorf SmartBlock at the center can still be used for heating, cooling, and mixing.
Annoyed by uncomfortable handling?
Ergonomics is far beyond the »ergonomically designed chair«. Eppendorf started to optimize the laboratory devices regarding ergonomics already in the early 1970s.
In 2003, we started the PhysioCare Concept, focusing on ergonomic liquid handling devices like our pipettes.
Nowadays, the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept is broaden up to include further laboratory products as a holistic solution to harmonize the workflow in your laboratory with your health and well-being, e.g. for the Eppendorf ThermoMixer:
• Eppendorf QuickRelease for easy and fast block exchange
• Insulated SmartBlock for safe gripping / no burning of fingers
• Direct keys for convenient handling
• Small footprint to enable position in direct arm reach at your bench
• Standardized »user-interface concept« for intuitive handling of devices
Further information about the Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept:
Struggling with paper-based documentation?
The eLabJournal Electronic Lab Notebook offers an intuitive and flexible solution to document research and track research data like workflow processes where the Eppendorf ThermoMixer is involved. Improve efficiency when documenting, organizing, searching, and archiving collected data. With the free eLabJournal add-ons, you can extend the functionality of eLabJournal to a fully integrated Laboratory Information Management System.
Start a free 30-day trial!
Efficient lab and device management with VisioNize® Lab Suite
Are you interested in monitoring your lab devices and receiving notifications e.g., for device alarms? A digital, connected lab offers even more.
Gain access to a modular range of digital services and choose what works for your lab. VisioNize Lab Suite offers everything you need as a Lab Manager or Scientist to get started to digitally manage your lab for increased sample security, compliance needs and maintenance management.
Chart your own course to digital lab excellence! Find out more
Disposal of packaging
The packaging of the mixer contains different materials, this includes cardboard, a plastic dust cover, and some foam parts. Recycling of materials becomes more and more important every day: Are you aware that nearly all cardboard material is recycled in Europe? Our mixer packaging cardboard material consists of ca. 60 % recycling material. Please support the global sustainability initiative of recycling valuable raw material by also collecting the thermomixer cardboard packaging material and disposing of it in the appropriate collection container at your organization. In respect to the plastic dust cover made of LD-PE and the foam parts, we recommend to select a dedicated recycling partner where PE material can be recycled. We suggest you contact your local waste hauler or facility management team to understand the available recycling options for your organization.
Disposal of instrument
Our mixers last for many years, but if they need to be replaced, we kindly ask you to fulfill local requirements for disposal of these instruments. We strongly recommend a certified local recycling partner with experience in instruments with electronics. Keeping it "local" reduces the impact of transportation, and the "certified" aspect is recommended due to the safe and sustainable removal of specific parts.
This piece of equipment was used in a laboratory and/or was used to handle biological samples. Please keep in mind to adequately decontaminate the equipment which needs to be disposed. Check local requirements. For more information, get in contact with your local biosafety officer and/or waste officer. Check if your local recycling partner has special instructions and/or documentation requirements. You may also use the Eppendorf decontamination form sheet as guidance.
|Specifications||Eppendorf ThermoMixer® C|
|Sample capacity||All common vessels and plate formats from 5 µL to 50 mL|
|Timer||5 sec to 99:30 h, continuous|
|Power supply||220 – 240 V, 50 – 60 Hz|
|Max. power consumption||200 W|
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||20,6 × 30,4 × 13,6 cm / 8,1 × 12,0 × 5,4 in|
|Weight w/o accessories||6,3 kg / 13,9 lb|
|Max. speed||3,000 rpm1)|
|Temperature range||Min: 15 °C below RT, max: 100 °C1)|
|Mixing frequency||300 – 3,000 rpm1)|
|Mixing and vortexing radius||1.5 mm|
|Temperature settings||1 °C / 100 °C|
|Mixing orbit||3 mm|
|Temperature accuracy||Max. ±0.5 °C at 20 – 45 °C|
|Heating rate||Max. 7 °C/min (when using SmartBlock plates)1)|
|Cooling rate||Max. 2.5 °C/min between 100 °C and RT|
1)depending on SmartBlock used
- Plasmid/RNA/DNA purification
- cDNA synthesis
- Extraction of DNA fragments from agarose gels
- Enzymatic reactions (e.g., DNA restriction digestion, Proteinase K digestion and ligation)
- Transformation of bacteria strains and plasmids
- Denaturation of DNA, RNA, and proteins
- Labeling of DNA, RNA, and proteins
- Bacterial growth in microreaction vessels, conical tubes, and Deepwell Plates
- Lysis reactions at 100 °C
- Mixing of PCR setups
- Mixing, heating, and cooling in one instrument for high flexibility
- All common vessels and plate formats from 5 µL to 50 mL by different Eppendorf SmartBlocks for standard applications
- Ideal for cell thawing when using Eppendorf SmartBlock cryo thaw
- Anti-spill technology prevents lid wetting and cross-contamination
- Increased mixing frequency of up to 3,000 rpm for effective sample mixing
- Excellent temperature management for maximum temperature accuracy, resulting in safe handling
- Compatible with Eppendorf ThermoTop® (condens.protect®) for condensation-free sample handling (for Eppendorf SmartBlocks up to 2.0 mL)
- Predefined program keys and clearly arranged menu guides enable simple and intuitive operations
- Freely programmable program keys for individual optimization
- Eppendorf PhysioCare Concept® provides ergonomic design and operation
Downloads: Eppendorf ThermoMixer® C