Most researchers use common air-cushion pipettes for any experiment. These pipettes however have limitations when it comes to samples that don't behave like water. Here, positive displacement pipettes or dispensers can be of great advantage.
Choosing the right liquid handling tool is critical for optimal results and can be a deciding factor for the reproducibility of your research. Join this webinar and get to know a few simple questions that will help you to find the ideal pipetting system for your experiments.
- The basics of different liquid handling tool operating principles
- Key pipetting terminology: Air-cushion, positive displacement, variable/fixed volume, single-/multi-channel, …
- Which factors to consider when choosing the perfect pipette for your lab
Date & Time:
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022, 16:00 (CEST)
- Dr. Nadine Mellies, Application Specialist Liquid Handling, Eppendorf SE
Being responsible for applications of liquid handling systems and trainings, Dr. Nadine Mellies is Application Specialist focusing on Manual Liquid Handling at Eppendorf SE in Hamburg, Germany. She holds a PhD in Biology with a focus on male reproductive biology working with mouse and human stem cells at the Institute of Human Genetics Goettingen, Germany. After completing her PhD thesis, she joined Eppendorf in June 2016 with 4+ years of experience in cell culture applications.